Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blocks, Toys, And Puppy Dog Tails, Oh My!

Dios Voz!

Well Luxurious Mr. L has been taking a much needed sabbatical from all things resembling responsibility, and have neglected my adoring throngs of readers......Is there anything that I can do to make it up to you? How does a life size hot fudge sunday sound? I promise that there will be an extra tasty cherry at the top....lol

So Luxurious Mr. L in all his glory has decided to create the first "official" contest for this year, and the prize will be a delectable mojo of your choice. And here is how we all play........

1. I will give you a list of ingredients, both well known and some not so common.
2. You construct a theoretical or real working of your choice around them and submit to me, your god....lol
3. Originality counts for everything..... :-)
4. The winner will be decided after two weeks!

Ingredients- Clover, Rue, Five Finger Grass, 1 Red kercheif, 1 Tonka Bean, and 1 Small Mirror.

Now onto the real juice of today's column, to spell or not to spell....lol

Dear Mr L

I have so enjoyed reading your blog..Finally an advice columnist that really seems like they love life especially the pleasures of life. A wonderful mix of leisure and life. So keep telling it like it is.So I have a question about all this stuff that is part of your advice.I can understand a martini glass and sipping down the spirit of god, but do I really need all of this other stuff to keep the magick flowing and to manifest the things in my life that I would like to accomplish/ get rid of/enhance etc? Can I work with the same effectiveness using only internal energy accompanied with the spirits that travel with me? If so what is your thoughts on magick done with stuff and magick done without stuff. Thank you for your advice.

Ed Lover

Dear Lover,Mmmmmmmmm........Martini's of god, tasty treats! Lord knows I like to sip down a number of different substances.....

But to answer your question, I for one think that nothing is hard and fast, though on rare occasions I can appreciate both at the same time...lol......For me its all about where do you feel the most connectivity to you own manifesting powers. As you can tell, I am a very sensual person, and there is something to be said about feeling a mojo against your chest or the smell of an oil on your body. I also feel that herbs, curios, and such add their magick to yours and aid your own manifesting powers.

That is not to say that I constantly have to have an object to channel, focus, or harness magicks, a smile and a sleek look can do as much as any come to me oil can do. I would say its all about how you work with your own energy first. Are you able to sense and work with your subtle energy body, after all it doesn't matter what charms you have if you can't charge them.

Either way you go Mr. Lover, keep on sipping on tasty god goodness!_____________________________________________________________

Dear Luxurious, My question is not so much about a case of writer's block as it is about a general, life-long struggle to make work. I know that I am a writer and that there is no other occupation I ought to be doing, but I need some help loosening whatever this block is that has been stopping me for so long. I really want a daily (or at least a regular) writing practice. I have been told by a wise woman that there is a loop stuck between my second (creativity) and fifth (expression) chakras. This feels quite true because I don't suffer from lack of inspiration, rather I experience great difficulty with bringing my inspiration into the fullness of manifestation. Any ideas on how I can work with this situation? Thanks a lot. I love your column, by the way!Best, Loopy

Dear Loopy,

I love my column too! Don't you think I am Fab?....lol But enough of me, lets talk about you, sounds like you are in a circuit of ickiness. Sometimes, if not all the time, we become attached to our blocks, as much as we are attached to our blessings. There is an old saying among Rootworkers that one destroys with the feet, what is built with the hands, and it doesn't matter how much we work to create sustaining good habits, our bad habits get in the way. I also think that for however long we remain attached to these loops, cycles, etc, we can begin to birth, without our knowing, an energetic spirit on the etheric plains which feed and can actually cause these blocks and loops to intensify and happen more and more.My first thought would be to do some cutting work, which is to physically cut the ties that bind you to blocks, loops, etc. The longer this situation has been in your life, the stronger the working needs to be to cut you from the situation; therefore, I would recommend a physical cutting.

Ingredients
3 pieces of silk cord
Sulphur
Saltpeter
Rosemary
Spearment
Mercury Dime
1 jug of water

This working will take place over a three month period. You will start on the full moon of the first month by measuring three lenghts of silk cord which can be tied around your waist. Next submerge the cord, sulphur, saltpeter, rosemary, spearment, and mercury dime in the jug of water and leave the container out in the moon energy for a month. At the next full moon, you take the cord out and allow it to dry for a day, and then braid it with the intent of it soaking up the physical, spiritual, emotional, intellectual energy which is causing you to remain in this loop. Next tie it around your waist and wear it day and night for the month. On the last full moon create a sacred space and when you feel at your most powerful, take a knife and cut the cord that has been binding you. As you cut it, imagine that you will no longer be tied to patterns that constrain and bind you. You can verbally say them out loud and proclaim your power over them, and for them to trouble you no longer. Finally burn the cord as a physical sign of your domination over these negative powers. You can save the ashes and add them to your flower bed, uncrossing oils, and such as a sign of the transformation and cutting that has occurred.

Till next time! Big kisses and such,
Luxurious Mr. L

No comments: