Monday, June 9, 2008

To Filter, Or Not To Filter, That Is The Question?

Hello To All You Playful Kiddies Out There In Cyberland!!!

It looks like Luxurious Mr. L isn’t the only summer loving lounge lizard out there. It is a little over two weeks since I posted my first contest for the season, and I haven’t received any responses. I am starting to think that no one loves me L. Now I know that this couldn’t possibly be true, after all who doesn’t like the prize at the bottom of the cereal box? I promise some sugary loving coming your way. So I am officially extending the contest for another two weeks. I might just have to get my studded paddle out if everyone continues to be so naughty.

Now onto the main tent for today’s especially wonderful and intriguing question.


Dear Luxurious Mr. L.Your advice column is fantastic and I await your answers each week - please keep this goodness flowing! Question: I recently read for a woman and all the marriage cards in the deck kept popping, not in a "happy" way. I asked about her marital situation and she (blissfully) responded that she was wildly in love and (very) newly married. Everything she said was contrary to what I was sensing, which was that she was in for heartbreak and that this guy was possibly cheating on her, at the very least: not being honest about something... . Though this kept coming up, after gauging her energy/feeling into it, I didn't feel like this was information she could handle. Rather, I talked around these issues and did address them, but not in explicit terms concerning how the information related to her new husband - that is, I didn't expose him or call him out.My question is: what is a reader's responsibility in such situations if a client isn't in a position to hear the filterless truth? Thanks Mr. L - you are a wonderful resource.Cupcake

Dear Cupcake,

Talk about sugary goodness, I just want to dip myself in chocolate and roll around in sprinkles. Does anyone want to light my candles?…..Now if I can only figure out how to combine my two loves, boys and cupcakes….LOL…But I digress. Your question brings up some interesting “truths” about being a reader. What happens when the information that comes through is not the information that the client wants to hear? I would say, in my infinite knowledge, go with your gut and trust that you have the skill and tact necessary to relay the information as it presents itself.

For me, I start the process of channeling by asking that Spirit presents the blessings of life and how to receive them, as well as the challenges that are ahead and the information necessary to show how to avert them. I also ask that for both the client and myself as a reader to be authentically open in our bodies, hearts, and souls to be able to be fully present with the information that is given. I think that as readers and mediums, we allow the energy to come through by creating the space, blessing our tools, and above all else blessing clients and selves by setting our intentions. Thus it is within a space of loving and protective energy that we allow ourselves to be vulnerable enough to hear the full knowledge of Spirit.

With that said, sometimes a client is not ready to hear the information that is coming through, and it lies with the reader to use his or her intellect and heart to compose the truth in a way which will ultimately uplift the client, even though their present situation may seem mired in pain. Personally, when situations of infidelity and dishonesty pop up I broach the subject by indicating to the client that they need to be actively observing their personal environments and relationships. I say that there are people around them who are saying and acting in one manner when they are around the client, but there is a sense of disingenuousness around them in some form or fashion. I advise the client to be observant and to trust their instincts when they are feeling like there is deception around a person or situation. Finally I indicated that it may be time to have a little heart to heart with their loved ones and make sure that they are all on the same page, physically, mentally, and spiritually.

There are times, however, when the client is as dull as a cast iron skillet, and no matter what you say, they will not see the true character of the other party. In that situation, I tell them the above, and also suggest that they ally themselves with their friends and family so when the proverbial shit hits the fan, they have a support network around them.

I think that as a reader and a medium we should “do no harm” no matter how important or intense the information that comes through is, and its up to us to navigate that energy to the best of our abilities. Finally, I think that there are always ways of saying what needs to be said without biting your tongue or having to feel like you are holding back.

I hope this helps!

Big Sloppy Kisses,
Luxurious Mr. L

No comments: